Site news

New feature added: ‘My progress’ block

New feature added: ‘My progress’ block

by Grow Administrator -
Number of replies: 0

Next time you log in to any of your courses in Grow, you will notice a new block in the top, left corner of your screen titled ‘My progress’.

This block will show a collection of squares. The number of squares will vary from course to course. Each square represents an activity in Grow that you need to do to successfully complete the course.

The squares start out grey, which means you haven’t completed the activity. When you successfully complete an activity the relevant square will turn green. If you take a test or submit an assignment and you don’t pass it on your first attempt, the square will change to red.

You can click on each square to take you to the relevant activity, but if the activity is in a topic that you haven’t unlocked yet, you will get a message that it is unavailable. You will need to complete the earlier activities before you can unlock that topic.

My progress block showing a course with 9 activities that need to be completed. The first, second, fourth and fifth activities have been successfully completed. The sixth activity was attempted but needs to be reattempted. When hovering the mouse cursor over any block the details of that activity are displayed. In this case the cursor is hovering over block six. It tells us that this is task 2.2 and that it was not passed.

We hope that this will give you an overview of the activities you need to complete in order to pass the course. It should also help you manage your time so that you complete the course on time. For example, if your course has six blocks, if you aim to complete one block every two weeks you should have the whole course finished within three months.

If you need any help with the ‘My progress’ block, please contact the Grow Administrator, Chris Schraders: cschraders@nzsti.org.nz, 06 355 7025.